This page links to various Linux performance material I’ve created, including the tools maps on the right. The first is a hi-res version combining observability, static performance tuning, and perf-tools/bcc (see discussion). The remainder were designed for use in slide decks and have larger fonts and arrows, and show: Linux observability tools, Linux benchmarking tools, Linux tuning tools, and Linux sar.
- perf_events: perf one-liners, examples, visualizations.
- eBPF tools: eBPF tracing tools and examples with bcc.
- perf-tools: perf analysis tools using ftrace (github).
- bcc: perf analysis tools using eBPF (github).
- ktap: one-liners, examples, and scripts.
- Flame Graphs: using perf, SystemTap, and ktap.
For more information, see: