On November 11, 2020 we announced the general availability of PowerShell 7.1. Building on the foundation established in PowerShell 7.0, our efforts focused on community issues and include a number of improvements and fixes. We are committed to ensuring that PowerShell remains a stable and performant platform.
PowerShell 7.1 includes the following features, updates, and breaking changes.
- PSReadLine 2.1.0, which includes Predictive IntelliSense
- PowerShell 7.1 has been published to the Microsoft Store
- Installer packages updated for new OS versions with support for ARM64
- 4 new experimental features and 2 experimental features promoted to mainstream
- Several breaking changes to improve usability
For a complete list of changes, see the CHANGELOG in the GitHub repository.